Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day Mantel


I have been working on lots of Valentine's Day crafts, now you get to see them all displayed on my mantel. I really like how it turned out. I think all the different crafts and colors came together perfectly!


The final crafts I made were some yarn wrapped letters. I took pictures thinking that I was going to show how I did it, but honestly the project was a lot harder than it looks. I am a perfectionist and I had to start over at least ten times because the yarn was slipping out of place or clumping up. If I hadn't already spent so much time on it, I would have just thrown in the towel! I like how it turned out, but not that it was my arch nemesis for a couple of days until I got it figured out and completed!


Here are a couple of my final touches. I wrapped lace around some of my red, pink, and cream candles and then tied on some cute little heart buttons I found with raffia or jute ribbon.


The left side.


The right side.


The entire mantel. What do you think?

If you want details on any of the crafts you can find them here: "Hugs & Kisses blocks", button heart, ribbon wreath, Scrabble "love" blocks, Valentine's Day countdown.

Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day! Do you have any fun plans with your family or sweetheart?

2 comments: