Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Valentine's Day Argyle Heart Wreath


Do you ever create something and it turns out better than you had imagined in your head? That is what happened with this wreath. I was browsing Pinterest for inspiration for a Valentine's Day wreath and fell in love with the adorable argyle heart wreaths I saw. I wanted to do something a little different, though, so I picked up a round wreath at Hobby Lobby as well as a small heart wreath (I originally was going to use just a large heart wreath, but they were out so I improvised). It wasn't what I originally set out to create, but I LOVE how it turned out! And it was soooo easy too!


First, I wrapped both wreaths with yarn. The heart one was a little tricky because of the points. The yarn kept slipping out of place so I ended up slowly gluing the yarn as I wrapped it around, but that was the hardest part. The rest was so quick and easy- I wrapped a small section of the round wreath with some white yarn for the background of my argyle pattern.


Next, I cut out a few hearts from some felt that PERFECTLY matched my yarn (don't you love it when that happens!?!). I spaced out the hearts the way I wanted, then glued them in place. Finally, I wrapped some of the gray yarn in a criss-cross pattern across the hearts. Beautiful!


I just added some white ribbon to attach the heart to the circle (don't you love that cute little bow? Seriously, it makes me so happy) and some more white ribbon to hang the wreath and done! I am so in love! I think my favorite part is the colors, but that might be because they are the same as my alma mater's. Go Cougs!

Have you ever tried a yarn wreath? What kind of wreath are you making for Valentine's Day?

2 comments: