Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Valentine's Day Button Heart: How-to


Here's another REALLY easy craft- a button heart! I saw this on Pinterest forever ago and the Young Women did some button crafts sometime last year, too, but I finally found an excuse to make one myself. It was seriously so, so easy. I think even if you aren't very crafty, you can definitely make one!


Here are my supplies. I have some 12 x 12 sparkly-white cardstock that I got at JoAnn's when they were on sale a couple months ago. I think they were somewhere around $0.20 a sheet. I also got a few bags of buttons from JoAnn's for $1.40 each after coupon. I picked up a shadow box for about $3 at Hobby Lobby after coupon. I also have my paper trimmer to cut the paper down to the right size. The trimmer isn't necessary. You could totally just trace the back of the shadow box on the back side of the cardstock and cut it out with scissors.


After I cut the paper, I started hot gluing the buttons on the paper in the shape I wanted. I just randomly picked up buttons- no pattern or anything.


Then I just filled in the heart. I kept adding buttons until all the holes were covered and it took on a shape and look I liked. And that is it! Didn't I say it was really easy? Don't you love how the paper *sparkles* in the background? I think that is my favorite part.

I was planning on painting the shadow box red or pink, but then I set it up on the shelf (to keep it away from little hands) and noticed the natural wood matches the the clothespins on our countdown. The more I looked at it, the more I liked it plain. What do you think? Would you paint it or leave it?


Valentine's Day is almost here! Are you ready? Do have any last minute crafts to get done?

3 comments:

  1. You have motivated me to put all my crafts on my blog! I am so far behind... Cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited to see what you've been up to over the past few months!

      Delete
  2. Thanks! It was so easy, you should give it a try!

    ReplyDelete