Monday, February 17, 2014

Forrest Gump-Themed Date Night Basket


I thought a lot about what to get my husband for Valentine's Day. While I was browsing the $5 movie bin at Walmart recently, I got a great idea. I picked out a movie, bought some fun things that went with the movie's theme, put together a quick craft (of course), put it all in a basket and there you have it- a movie-themed date night basket. This date night basket is especially good for us because we have four kids under four so we don't get out that often, but like to make time every once in a while to have a "date night" at home.

Here's what I put in our Forrest Gump-Themed Basket:


My favorite part was this cute little sign I made. It's not a direct quote from the movie and it will be of no use during our date night, but I thought it was cute and will also make a good springtime decoration!


The basket starts with dinner. To stay with the theme of Forrest Gump, I got the supplies for a shrimp pasta dish. I put the pasta and the recipe in the basket. We can make the pasta dish together then watch the movie after.


I added some movie snacks: popcorn, Dr. Pepper, and a box of chocolates. The popcorn is just an essential movie snack and the other two go with the theme. I thought I was pretty clever when I thought of those two. 

I love this idea and I am thinking there are endless possibilities for movie-themed date night baskets for future at-home dates!

How was your Valentine's Day? Did you give your sweetheart anything special?

P.S. A big "thank you" to my Facebook friends who gave me some suggestions on what to add to the basket!

4 comments:

  1. I love that whole basket...so clever and so needed for couples with young children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've seen the idea around Pinterest and loved it. I see more of these date baskets in the future!

      Delete