Friday, February 19, 2016

Be a Defender of the Lord's Plan


This is a fun little treat I made to go with this month's Visiting Teaching message (found here). My inspiration came from this quote by Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson:

"Everyone, no matter what their marital circumstance or number of children, can be defenders of the Lord's plan described in the family proclamation. If it is the Lord's plan, it should also be our plan!"


When I thought about being a defender, I thought about the Book of Mormon and using a bow and arrow. It worked so perfectly that a bow is the same shape as the letter "D" so I was able to incorporate it into the phrase I added to the top of the handout:

"Be a Defender of the Lord's plan!"

To make the arrow I used a small wooden dowel I found at Hobby Lobby. I added some ribbon to the end and a chocolate heart for the arrowhead. It worked out great that Valentine's Day was this month and I had some chocolate hearts on hand, but you could also use a Hershey's Kiss for the arrowhead because it has the same triangle shape.


I think this will be a fun little treat to share with the sisters I visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment