Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Quick 4th of July Countdown


I have been wanting to put together a 4th of July countdown for my kids. They love counting down to holidays. With our previous countdowns we have read a book every night and then they get a little treat. I think this has made holidays so much fun! The 4th of July, however, has completely snuck up on me. Yesterday I ran to Michaels and grabbed a few things to put together our quick 4th of July countdown!


First, I found some fun books about the US/ the 4th of July at Barnes and Noble. We will read one each night of the countdown.


I got four cute little patriotic buckets for $1 each at Michaels and added some fun little sparkles and a flag.


I added some numbers . . .


. . . and the candy . . .


. . .  and it was done! It was quick, easy, and cute PLUS I think the kids will LOVE it!

Do you do anything fun to celebrate the 4th of July with your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment