Monday, April 28, 2014

Quick and Easy Minnie Mouse Party Invitation: Tutorial


I recently made some Minnie Mouse themed invitations for a birthday party. I only needed a few so I decided to make them myself. They ended up being really quick and easy so I thought I would share how I made them.


First, here are the supplies I used:
White and Black Cardstock
Paper Trimmer (scissors work fine too)
1/8" Red Ribbon
7/8" Red and White Polka Dot Ribbon
Mickey Mouse Hole Punch (I found this at Hobby Lobby)
Craft Glue (I used a few different kinds, but all you really need is one)
Scissors (not pictured, but I'm sure you know what they look like)


I started by typing up the invitations in Word. I made a text box that was just under 4" x 6" and added my text. I also added a border so I would have a guide for where to cut. You can download a "Minnie Mouse" font, but I just inserted the image of the font directly into my text box.

After I printed the text, I cut them out using my paper trimmer just inside of the black line so I had a clean, white edge.

Next, I cut some black cardstock for the background to just under 4.5" x 6.5".


I used the extra scraps of black cardstock to punch out some Mickey silhouettes.


Next, I cut the ribbon. The polka dot ribbon was about 5" and the red ribbon was about 4 3/4".


I used a tape runner to put a little double sided tape on the back of the polka dot ribbon.


Then I secured the ribbon to the front of the text sheet.


I wrapped the ends of the ribbon around the white cardstock and glued it in place with some tacky glue. Then I added some glue to the edges of the white cardstock and centered it onto the black cardstock.


I tied the red ribbon in a bow and glued it in place with some hot glue. I used hot glue because it would hold the bow in place better, especially because it isn't flat.


Then I glued the little Minnie Mouse on the invitation and ta-da! Done! I think they turned out pretty cute!

Have you made party invitations before? How did it go?

1 comment:

  1. Is there anything you can not do? :) These are adorable!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete