Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Easy, No-Sew Mickey and Minnie T-shirts


When my Preschooler asked if I could make her a green Mickey and Minnie shirt to wear to Preschool for St. Patrick's Day, I thought it over for a second and then agreed. I knew that it would probably be pretty easy . . . and it was!

So easy, in fact, that I made a shirt for each of my six children!


This is all you do:

1. Get some No-Sew Ultrahold Heat n Bond. They sell it at craft stores and you can also get it at Walmart. I got mine at Hobby Lobby.
2. Pick out your fabric. I used black for the Mickey and Minnie silhouette and a fun shamrock pattern for the Minnie bow and the Mickey bow tie. 
3. {Optional} I also got some black and green puffy paint to outline the shapes. You don't have to do this, but because the shamrock fabric had a white background, I wanted to outline it in green so you could see it better.
4. Iron the Heat n Bond to the back of the fabric by following the instructions on the packaging.
5. Cut out your shape. I used my Cricut Mickey and Friends cartridge to cut out the Mickey and Minnie and the bows. (I used the same shape for Minnie's bow and Mickey's bow tie. It was a silhouette of Minnie's bow that I just turned upside down for the tie). If you don't have a machine that will cut the shapes for you, you can always print a shape from the Internet, cut it out, trace it onto your fabric, and then cut out your fabric by hand.
6. After the shapes are cut, place them on the shirt and secure them by ironing them. Just follow the Heat n Bond package directions.
7. Finally, outline the shapes with puffy paint if you would like, otherwise you are done!

Quick, easy, and cute!


Here are my models.


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Did you remember to wear green today?

1 comment: