Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Minnie Mouse Birthday Banner


I recently made a Minnie Mouse Birthday Banner for my 4-year-old's birthday! She loves Minnie Mouse so that is the theme she chose for her party. The banner was pretty easy. I cut the banner with my Cricut. Here are the details if you have a Cricut and want to make your own:

I used the Accent Essentials cartridge, the Disney Mickey Font cartridge, and the Disney Mickey and Friends cartridge.


Accent Essentials:
"Accent 31 Shift" (scalloped circle), cut at 5", red cardstock
"Accent 1 Shift" (circle), cut at 4", white cardstock

Mickey Font Cartridge:
Capital letters, cut at 2.5", black cardstock

Mickey and Friends Cartridge:
"Mickey Icon", cut at 5", black cardstock
"Minnie 4 Icon" (bow), cut at 3", red and white polka dot cardstock (I found this at JoAnn's)
"Minnie 4 Icon Shadow" (bow shadow), cut at 3", black cardstock


After gluing everything together, I punched holes in each piece and added 5/32" silver eyelets. I tied each piece together with 3/8" red and white polka dot ribbon that I found at Hobby Lobby and 1/8" black ribbon that I had on hand.


I think it turned out pretty cute and my daughter loved it!

Do you have a Cricut or a similar machine? Have you ever created a banner with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment