Friday, March 7, 2014

Frugal Craft: Shamrock Wreath

I love doing crafts, but sometimes they can be pricey. I am always trying to figure out ways that I can craft frugally. I think it makes the craft even more fun when you can make it super inexpensively. Who doesn't love something that is cute AND cheap!?!


I made this cute shamrock wreath for St. Patrick's Day. I think it is adorable and the best part is that you can make it for about $5 or less!


Here are my supplies:
Wreath- $2.29 regular price at Michael's (less if you use a coupon!) You can also make your own wreath from cardboard or foam board which would make it even cheaper or free!
Foam Shamrocks- $1 per pack at Dollar Tree. I used two packs.
Ribbon- Free because I had it on hand. If you don't have any ribbon you can get it really inexpensively at any craft store and you will only need a little- leaving the extra for another fun future craft!
Yarn- this is totally optional. I had it for another project so I used it to wrap the wreath, but you get really good coverage from the shamrocks so it isn't even really necessary. I used very little yarn, probably less than $1's worth.
So, I spent about $5 on supplies, but you could definitely make it for much less!
FYI- I may or may not have seen a wreath VERY similar to this selling for $35!!! Make this and you could save yourself at least $30!


I wrapped the wreath with yarn and then hot glued the shamrocks on. Add some ribbon to hang it and you are done! The yarn took some time, but the gluing only took about 10 minutes- super quick and easy!


Don't you love how it sparkles?

Do you like to make inexpensive crafts? What have you made lately?

3 comments: